New Chile Pequeños Tastings
5-city tour of site specific limited production wines
Join Wines of Chile's small production tour, our criteria is to promote wines with a production lower than 3.000 cases per SKU or <25,000 9l cases per winery, showcasing a diversity of small production available in the US market.
This unique trade tasting tour pairs small production with smaller US cities. The tour visits 5 cities:
- Houston, Wed, May 31th with seminar hosted by Steven McDonald
- Austin, Thurs, June 1st with seminar hosted by June Rodil MS
- Denver, Friday, June 2nd wine dinner with Argonaut Liquor
- Charleston, Mon, June 5th with seminar hosted by Andrés Contreras
- Boston, Wed, June 7th with seminar hosted by Sandy Block MS
Each trade tasting features:
- 3 – 4 Hour walk around tasting
- We have 18 - 25 tables available (4-6 SKUS can be shown at each table)
- If wineries/importers wish to showcase more SKUS on their table, a second table must be purchased).
- 1 hour seminar hosted in Houston, Austin, Charleston and Boston. Seminar hosts will select the wines based on participating wineries.
Winemakers are invited and encouraged to be a part of the panel discussion but attendance is not mandatory.
Also, Icon wines (92pts+) are invited to pour wines at an icon bar at each event.
- 5-City Tour fee: $1.495 WoC members / $1.945 WoC non-members
- Per City fee: $300 WoC members / $400 WoC non-members
- Fee is for 1 table featuring 5 SKUS (max) at the table.
- Multiple tables may be purchased.
- Seminar per city: $125 members / $165 non-members.
- 5-City Tour fee (SKU): USD $1.000 WoC member / USD$1.300 WoC non-member
- City fee (SKU): USD$200 WoC member / USD$260 WoC non-member
- Icon wines are invited to pour at our icon bar at each event.
- 92 points from a major publication is required, and price point minimum is $69.99.
- Icon wines are encouraged to pour a current vintage and a back vintage (still available in distribution) to showcase the outstanding collectability of Chile's luxury tier.
Fee covers ALL costs associated with trade tasting: Signage, tasting table, tablecloth, chill tubs, spittoons, stemware, tasting booklets.
Exemplary terroir driven wines reflecting boutique production with:
- Small wineries with a total production lower than 25,000 cases per year.
- SKUs with a production maximum of 3,000 cases / year made from estate grown fruit.
- Minimum SRP $12. While there is no SRP maximum we recommended showcasing a range of wines from SRP $12-$45
- Ideally Wines of Chile would like to showcase wines which represent the category's 4 pillars: Innovation, Diversity, Sustainability & Quality.
The following varietals are sought for the seminar
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Pinot Noir
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Nontraditional varieties (Carignan, Garnacha, Cinsault, País, Pedro Ximenez, etc).
2-3 bottles are required for the seminar and the local seminar hosts will select wines from participating wineries.
To inquire about hotels and transportation please email Marybeth Bentwood.
Wines of Chile